Junkin (party of five)

Junkin (party of five)

Thursday, February 16, 2012

Where God Guides He Provides

  I had a friend send me a text yesterday morning that said "where God guides He provides".  I have heard this before, but yesterday I was feeling tired and weary about our situation and I remember thinking to myself I sure could use some good news today.  For those of you who do not know John has started a new job.  He has gone from making a steady salary to a full commission paying job.  Needless to say I have been working a lot more so we can pay the bills.  John is very excited about this new job but it will take him a few months to get the income coming back in.
  This morning during my quiet time I began reading about when God told Noah to build the ark.  Can you imagine the looks people gave him when there was no water in sight?!?  Probably some of the same looks we get when we tell them God has called us on this journey of adoption!  When people other than God direct us to do things, we follow for many reasons, not because of trust.  But, they are made of flesh and bone just like us.  However, they can't guarantee the outcome.  On the other hand, when God asks us to do something, we ask for a thousand signs from Him.  Crazy!!
  There are times when I feel like we are alone in this journey but God is always there.  And I know he will not leave us without the help we need to achieve this task.  It may not work out the way "we" think it should but God will work things out for us!
  Last night at church I was handed an envelope and was told  "take this and don't ask any questions".  I laughed awkwardly and said okay.  On the way home while sitting at a red light I opened the envelope.  As I read the amount on the check, tears rolled down my face and I couldn't breathe.  My boys in the backseat wanted to know what was wrong and why was mommy crying.  I told them this is a happy cry!  I then told them that we never have to worry about a thing because God will ALWAYS take care of us!  God provides us with anything we could ever possibly need, we just have to BELIEVE!  They were very quiet the rest of the way home and I am so thankful they were with me to see first hand God's provision.

And my God will meet all you needs according to the riches of his glory in Christ Jesus. To our God and Father be glory forever and ever.  Amen.  Phil 4:19-20

No comments:

Post a Comment