Junkin (party of five)

Junkin (party of five)

Wednesday, July 11, 2012

Roller Coaster Ride

  First, I want to start off with a big THANK YOU to everyone that donated to help us fund our airplane tickets to Ethiopia.  We are completely overwhelmed with the generosity of others.  Even the prayers were much appreciated.  I believe our last total was around $900!!  My friends knew that I would never directly ask for donations to help us, so they did it for me!  We are surrounded by the most amazing friends and family!!

  As most of you know we were supposed to be flying to Ethiopia tomorrow.  On Monday we got word that Micah's birth mother did not show up for court.  In Ethiopia they have a preliminary court hearing where the birth parent or whoever took the child to the orphanage attends court.  Pretty much the only news we got was that they were looking for her.  His birth mother has done everything she needed to do up until this point so we were very shocked when she did not show up.  The past few days have been really hard.  We know that God already has everything planned out and He knows what is best for everyone involved, but it still hurt....  It is very hard to explain the love that John and I already have for Micah.  We will fight for him just like we would if it was JT or Rhett over there.  At one point John even called his friend that runs Eyes That See to ask if it would be possible for him to go over there and find her himself.  Matt explained to us that things work a lot different in Africa and it wouldn't be any help to our situation.  I had a very wise friend, Deidre, tell me that God is just not done writing Micah's story.  John and I both know this and we could not imagine going through this without having such a strong faith in our Lord.


  Today I got a call from Lesley (Ethiopian coordinator) and she tells me they found her!!!  She will be attending court sometime next week and we will then find out our new court date.  I can't even begin to describe the relief I felt at that moment!  We ask that you please pray that everything goes smoothly with her court date and we can travel to see our little man very soon.  Thank you again for all of the prayers so far!!  They have truly helped make a difficult roller coaster ride a little easier.  I will update again as soon as I know more details.


1 comment:

  1. Praying with y'all Jennifer! Believing God to handle every detail! He is a God of details! He is big enough for this too! Micah's story is just beginning! This is going to be an awesome chapter of your story, too! Thank you for being so faithful! Love you!

    ReplyDelete