Junkin (party of five)

Junkin (party of five)

Monday, August 6, 2012

Making it.....

   It has been one week and two days since we handed our son back to his nanny and got on a plane.  When I am asked how I am doing, all I know to say is "I'm making it..."  We have been showered with love and prayer since we got home which has helped tremendously!  Friends have invited us over for dinner and have made sure to keep me busy.  My close friends know that when I am sad I just want to crawl in a hole somewhere and pout.  Getting to spend seven days with our precious new son was incredible.  It is hard to explain how you can fall in love with this little person that is not of your blood or has your same skin color. But, fell in love is what we did!!  When the time came for us to leave, I walked him back to his room and handed him over to his nanny.  Before I turned away I wrapped my arms around the nanny and Micah, kissed her and said "thank you for loving my son".  The plane ride home was emotionally and physically hard.  We were really excited to see our two boys waiting on us back home, but both of us had this sick feeling in our gut that we were not complete.  This past week I have cried at the most random times.  My heart hurts.... I want my son.  This weekend I realized that Micah, nor our other two sons, are truly ours.  They belong to our heavenly father and we are blessed to be their earthly parents.  This puts things into perspective for me.  Micah is a child of God and he will protect him.  Although my heart is aching to wrap my arms around him again I must know that Jesus has a plan for him and right now it is to be in Ethiopia.  
   So when do we get to bring Micah home?  I wish I knew the exact answer to that question.  Micah's case has changed from being relinquished to being abandoned.  The judge wants an ad to be placed in the paper for two weeks and then she will rule that he is legally ours.  As soon as she says that he is legally ours we can start the process for embassy which takes 6-8 weeks.  We can only pray that this process goes smoothly and quickly, but again I must remember that God has a plan for our little Micah.  
   Last night the women of our church had a baby shower for Micah and soon to be here Jianna.  I can't express how wonderful it feels to be surrounded by such amazing and encouraging women!  I thought that it would be very difficult opening presents for little Micah but it was actually uplifting to see the love people have for him already.  
   I want to thank each of you for your prayers and encouraging words to John and I.  We are so humbled by the fact that people want to keep up with our journey to Micah.  Most of all we are thankful that the Lord has chosen us to be his parents.  This child has blessed us in so many ways!!

For I know the plans I have for you," declares the LORD, "plans to prosper you and not to harm you, plans to give you hope and a future".  Jeremiah 29:11

No comments:

Post a Comment