Junkin (party of five)

Junkin (party of five)

Thursday, September 13, 2012

Praying for embassy and recovering

  On Monday this week I underwent a surgery that I have been putting off for quite some time.  The doctor had prepared us for the worst case scenario and told us to pray for the best.  I had to be on a clear liquid diet the whole weekend (yuck) and then take a TON of antibiotics Sunday night on an empty stomach.  I was feeling very sick Monday morning before the surgery had even started.  I think this was the way the Lord was helping me with my nerves.  I have never been this nervous going into a procedure simply because there were so many different things the doctors may need to do.  I made several of my friends promise me that if I was too sick to go get Micah when he clears embassy that they would get on a plane and bring him home.  I knew my husband would not be able to leave my side.  Well, prayers were definitely answered!!  The doctors were able to do everything laproscopic and my recovery is going to be much quicker.  Needless to say, I am not a very good patient!  I feel like I am losing my mind!  I have always been a complete freak about laying out the boys clothes the night before, making sure their backpacks are packed, lunches are packed with all of their favorite things, and all of the homework has been completed.  I am trying to realize it is okay if John doesn't doing everything exactly the way I do.  It....is....okay...  Life....does....go....on....!  
  
  Now on to a huge prayer request!!  Micah's paperwork has been ready to be submitted since last week.  We haven't gotten word from the embassy that his case has been submitted.  Once it is submitted they will go over all the paperwork and determine if they need to do any more investigation.  We are desperately praying we wake up tomorrow morning with an email from the U.S. Embassy saying that are case has been filed.  This will be the last step to getting little man home!  And can I tell you how much my heart is longing for him!  I was telling Lesley from Lifeline the other day that there are no words that can describe this feeling.  You literally just left your child halfway across the world and do not know when you will see him again.  It eats you up inside!!  So, please will join in praying with us that Micah's case gets filed and we can move on to this last step to get him home?

I am going to leave you with one of my favorite pictures I took while we were in Ethiopia.  I took this picture with my trusty ole iphone!


No comments:

Post a Comment